Grünenthal’s successful business model
Grünenthal expands further beyond its core strength in pain management to growth indications in niches and is looking for new partnerships and licensing agreements to bolster the pipeline and existing product portfolios in Europe and Latin America as well as the US.
In 2016, Grünenthal will also enter the hospital market in Europe with Zalviso®, a pre-programmed, non-invasive device for the management of acute post-operative pain.
Grünenthal’s vision for the future is aimed at targeting focused indications and indications with unmet medical needs across smaller patient populations where there are currently no treatments available, as well as orphan indications.
Some of these markets include perioperative care (hospital), niches in inflammation as well as orphan indications as e.g. Morbus Duchenne (DMD). The company is looking for in-licensing partnerships in these indications to implement this approach.
Read our recent press releases on Grünenthal partnering projects
- PR Grünenthal acquires Thar Pharmaceuticals (pdf, 174.4 KB)
- PR Grünenthal Group on lincense agreement with Adhesys Medical (pdf, 34.1 KB)
- PR Grünenthal Group on license agreement with Astra Zeneca June 2016 (pdf, 57.5 KB)
- PR Grunenthal Group to acquire Almirall de Mexico March 2016 (pdf, 147.0 KB)
- PR Grünenthal Axxam March 2016 (pdf, 34.2 KB)
- PR Cooperation Grünenthal with Patheon February 2016 (pdf, 115.9 KB)
- PR Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Jan 2016 (pdf, 55.4 KB)
- PR Cebranopadol Nov 2015 (pdf, 200.2 KB)
- PR Zalviso Sep 2015 (pdf, 35.7 KB)